Make it on the stove top or in your Crock Pot.
- 2 lbs. ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey, etc.)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2-3 zucchini, chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 2 jalapeños, finely chopped or 7 oz can of chopped chilies
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 large tomatoes, diced or 32 oz of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Taco Seasoning (see below)
- Juice of 2 limes
*Optional Toppings: Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, lime wedges and Cheese Chips
Brown meat in large pan. Drain off excess grease and set aside. In same pot, sauté onions, bell pepper and zucchini for about 5-10 minutes or until soft. Add meat back to pan along with rest of ingredients. Cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
Creamy Taco Soup: Add 8 oz. cream cheese to soup and stir until melted.
Crock Pot Method: Add cooked meat to crock pot along with rest of ingredients. Cook on low for 6 hours or high heat for 3 hours.
- 8 Net Carbs per serving
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper